REMINDER: PLEASE CHOOSE THE APPROPRIATE CATEGORY FOR YOUR POST WHEN CREATING A NEW TOPIC!
Consuming wild mushrooms can be a hazardous endeavor and in some cases even fatal! Before eating any mushroom collected from the wild it is absolutely critical that it is identified with certainty. An old mushroom hunters' axiom states
"When in doubt, throw it out", such an embrace of skepticism can save your life.
If you are a novice to mushroom hunting, it would be wise to not only consult multiple field guides and online resources such as mushroomexpert.com, but to also seek out second opinions from experienced and trusted mushroom hunters (preferably in person). This can be facilitated by online forums, but it is important to remember, anyone can offer advice on public internet forums and it isn't always possible for site administrators to moderate and or verify all information.
If you believe you have ingested a poisonous mushroom, immediately contact Poison Control (1-800-222-1222), and save an uncooked sample of the mushrooms you consumed for the purpose of identification.
This can be critical for determining the proper course of treatment.